Friday, August 29, 2008

Cavernous Cavities and Mandarins

Apparently, I would also make an excellent editor. Great. Erotica or editing, just what I always wanted. Meanwhile, I woke up with a pile of mash for brains this morning, and typing is really hard. However, it is warm here, at my desk, with my heater and my computer, and I don't have anything better to do, so be warned, I am going to sit here and write whatever my sorry excuse for a brain spews forth. 

Argh, how frustrating. I'm trying to sell a couch on Trading Post.com, but the site is taking its sweet time with every section. What about my blog? It is being neglected. 

Has anyone read Zadie Smith's book On Beauty? I bought it ages ago, mostly because I liked the cover, but I have heard mixed reports. 

Oh! Did I tell you that I am entering The Age short story competition? I have a story and everything! It's called 'Like the room had died.' It might actually be my best work, if I can judge. Anyway, high excitement all around. Or, at least, that is how it sounds at the moment. It may just be the echo of my own excitement bouncing off the cavernous walls of my hollowed out brain cavity. Either way, yay. Only, I think I'd like to use a pseudonym, just in case I do win... Any ideas? 

Wow, I'm actually starting to bore myself now. Also, I have a mandarin. So, I'm just go over here, and you, you're excused... 


No comments: