Friday, August 22, 2008

An Evening Wasted

I am embarrassed that these blogs are time stamped. However, being the first day of a new blog, I feel I deserve the privilege of being indulged. I want to play with with my new toy. 
And I have some very exciting news! I recently (approx 3mins ago) discovered the Most Undesirable, Repulsing Pungent, Yet Nutritiously Wholesome Sandwich In The Universe, Ever. You'll see it in next years Guinness World Records Book. Swear. 

I just wanted a bowl of soup. I was hungry. Famished. So starved, in fact, that it could only be the Munchies. I put too much soup in the bowl. I nuked it for 4 minutes. Still cool. Another 2. Gazed into the fridge, past jars and bowls and a bit of roast beef. Noticed some cheese, a roll of it. I pulled it out and nibbled the corner. It tasted like apricot infused blue vein. I don't like blue vein. However, although at the initial taste the flavour appalled me, by the time I swallowed, I was quite enjoying the experience. My stomach rumbled. The microwave beeped and I checked the soup. Warm, but give it another 2, there is chicken in it. I put the roll of cheese on the bench and a loaf of cheap white bread beside it. I stared at these two ingredients for a time, perhaps considering if a third was needed, perhaps slipping into a vertical coma for a few moments. Again, the microwaved beeped. I popped open the door and touched the side of the bowl. Too hot. I left it to cool a moment and gazed back into the fridge. Sun-dried tomatoes. Why not? I placed the oil-slicked jar on the bench beside the bread, laid out two slices, and crumbled the orange-flecked white cheese onto them. Then, careful to drain most the oil with a fork, I placed slices of tomato on top of the cheese. 

Remembering my soup, I used a tea-towel to carry it from the microwave. I lifted my sandwich plate with my other hand and tip-toed to my bedroom. I started on the soup first, but soon got board, imagining the intense flavours on the bread exploding onto my tongue. I pushed the bowl away and pulled the sandwich closer. Before taking a bite, though, it occurred to me that the sandwich would be cold, what with the ingredients coming straight from the fridge and all. I decided that some zucchini and rice from my luke-warm left-over soup would do the trick. Careful not to scoop up any broth, I layered the veggies and the rice on top of the sun-dried tomatoes. Leaning over my plate to avoid dripping oil onto my pajamas, I took a bite. Still famished, I barely chewed before swallowing and taking another into my mouth. By the fourth or fifth bite, however, already with a healthy puddle of herb-infused oil expanding on my plate, the sensation of the food in my mouth expanded. No longer just sustenance, or a hygienically chewable object, the sandwich was erupting along my taste-buds, sweet, salty, sour, too cold, hot. I considered what I was holding. A thin strip of zucchini skin hung between thin, saturated slices of slightly stale bread and beside a chunk of semi-melted cheese with a cube-of-dried-apricot centerpiece. I hesitated, then took another bite. The textures meshed against my tongue, slick, slimy, granular goop. Another bite. Another. With two bites left I pause. I glance around for my water bottle. It is by my bed. I consider getting it. I would need to move from my chair, from my heater, take at least five steps, each way. Too hard. I returned to the sandwich. Almost there. I never considered not eating it. Two mouthfuls, chewed quickly, and it was gone. Opening my window wide, I lit a stick of incense and a cigarette. Mum would kill me, if she knew. 

The impact of my discovery hit me, as I sat before my empty, dirty plate, smoking. I realised that I had stumbled upon The Most Undesirable, Repulsing Pungent, Yet Nutritiously Wholesome Sandwich In The Universe, Ever. I rushed to inform the good people at Guinness World Records. I expect to hear back from them by the end of business hours tomorrow. Then I rushed to inform you, dear Blog, of the Most Important Development In An Evening Wasted. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leashypoodle! Great name! :-D

That sounds like a foul sandwich, babe. Food would be good right now, but there's too many things to think about.

Love you!

And coz I promised you lots of love:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!