Sunday, September 7, 2008

FOOD

What is it with wogs and food? If there is a celebration, food has to be at the centre of everything. After a three course lunch, followed by a three course dinner, I feel seriously ill. Just when I was starting to lose a bit of weight, and I eat more than I have in the last week in a day. I really don't get the obsession, but simultaneously I am (sadly) aware that I have unintentionally subscribed to the same way of thinking. I try to feed everyone; it's like, in the genes or something. 

The food was good though, haha. Went to the Nonni's for lunch - salami, olives, cheese, bread, etc. to start, then pasta, then roast, then cakes and coffee's. That was a really great lunch, actually. But, Joisus, then we had Ange's 21st, at a reception, with fish, lasagna, chicken, ice cream, cake and coffee. And, lets not forget, maybe three or so long necks of (gah!) VB. I had a bit of a dance as well, but the music was pretty terrible. All in all, a fun and gastric-ly fulfilling Fathers Day. 

No comments: