Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thesis Fairy vs. Dr Phil

Today has, thus far, been a success. It started early. Though I was unaware of her true identity at the time of meeting, I had breakfast with my Thesis Fairy. I had been hoping for such a meeting for some time. Or perhaps I was using this desire as an excuse to further postpone actually writing my thesis. In any case, I did meet her. This morning, as I said, over breakfast. I didn't recognize her at first - she appeared to be a good friend of mine that had been waffling about outside of my scope these last weeks. We drank coffee and spoke of such thing as metaphysics and the environment and the benefits of meditation. It was an unexpectedly intellectual breakfast. I arrived home stimulated, unusually so, particularly for so early in the day, when I am usual catatonic. I sat in the sun shine and brought Ms Judith Butler along for the ride. We got along fine, for a change. In fact, I tackled her in record time. When I was done, I sat myself in front of this wee Mac and spewed forth my understandings and such. Later, I had some lunch, and tried the 'Walking Meditation,' taking a leisurely stroll around the block. Upon my return, though sorely tempted by such things as Dr Phil and the Ridiculous Americans and Eaves Dropping on the Neighbors, I returned instead to my new friend, Judith. I wrote and wrote, with regular sunshine breaks, of course, and when I stopped, conclusion written, I did a word count, and would you believe, I had written 3000 words! Now, much later, I am sitting on my Thesis Fairy's couch. We are going to, in short order, begin studying together. Julia, my Thesis Fairy, I love you!

Quote of the Day: "I'm going to start reading ... Yes! My De-Col-I-Nis-Ation Book!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with your blog! I might start one tonight just so I don't have to use my LJ login. LJ is dead to me! Except I want to keep all the stupid shit I wrote. I'll need to print it out sometime, methinks.

What was I talking about? Oh yes, your blog. I love your blog, it reminds me of being with you :-) And good for you for writing 3000 words!

Love ya!

Stuck in the Thesisphere said...

Love you too, doodle bum. Can't wait to check out your blog. Xxxx